Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Affiliate Marketing or True Wholesale Dropshipping ?

Affiliate Marketing or True Wholesale Dropshipping, is the question. What program is better from the two choices, for making money online. I am going to tell you it all depends on what you are promoting or what dropshipper is being used.

Lets say I am an affiliate promoting some items for Netflix DVD rentals. I would most likely put a banner on my site than spending a lot of money on pay per click. Some affiliate programs only pay a small percent of a purchase you promote. It could be from 1-16% or a little higher. Unless you are promoting digital products. It can than range from 15-75%. Less that than 20% I would not touch.

Affiliate marketing is OK if you choose the right program. I personally do not like digital product programs so, I do free advertising and word of mouth.

When it come to starting your own store and selling products online, choose the right wholesale dropshipper. There are hundreds if not thousands of middleman acting as true wholesale dropshippers. However, selling products on ebay or from your online store has a better potential of you making more money for yourself than affiliate programs.


You will have more control with pricing with your own store. But if you team up with a fake wholesale dropshipper it will be very hard to make a sale. Because your prices will be to high so that you can make a profit. Drop shipping, giving away free satellites and selling junk on ebay is working for me. Just stay away from scams.

Free Satellite TV!